Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Help save a penguin for Christmas!

I just checked my e-mail and there's this site (click here) that will allow you to adopt an animal for Christmas. You can save oil-soaked penguins! Here is the pricing chart:

$25: Buys gloves and vital equipment for cleaning birds
$50: Cleans one oiled penguin
$100: Pays for 1/2 of a new wildlife rehabilitaion pool
$500: One "drying station"...absolutely critical to ensure a bird's survival

If anyone wants to donate in my name this Christmas, that would be awesome! There are other animals that you can help too: orphaned bear cubs, baby seals who get slaughtered in Canada (this is a Newfoundland tradition), or you can protect an elephant from poachers.

That's all I had to say. I just wanted to bring this to your attention. If anyone wants to split cleaning one oiled penguin, let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home