Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Why can't I concentrate lately?

So, lately I've had the attention span of a housefly. I always have a short attention span, but usually it's the span of a honey bee, who at least has to make it back to the hive everyday, even if it is flitting from flower to another all the time. However, for the past week or so, I haven't been able to concentrate on anything long enough to finish it. I always work in pieces with my honey bee focus, but my pieces have become smaller and more various. For instance, yesterday when I got home from school I simultaneously was doing dishes and making supper (this is normal) while also talking on MSN and putting groceries away (this is too much). It has made me both more and less productive. The mass of things that I do in a night is more productive, because I'm doing three or four things at once. However, my big important projects (i.e. essays) are falling to the wayside because I can only spend 10 minutes at a time on them before I feel like I need to be on to something else.

Part of the problem is that I don't have a couch. If I had a couch, I imagine that it would be much easier to curl up on it and do my important reading and organize myself, etc. As it is, my only real comfy place for reading is my bed, and there are obvious pitfalls to doing my work there (the main one being that I don't, I sleep instead). So, if someone wants to buy me a couch and have it delivered here, that would be great.

I was up before 7am this morning. This was crazy. The sun hadn't even risen yet. I had to finish making notes for my presentation this morning, so I had to get up. The last time I saw 6-6:30am was when I stayed up all night and went to bed then (which has happened a couple of times since I've been here. Yay nighttime!). What I like about being up that early is this: nothing! It's such a waste of time for me, because I can't really work until 10pm anyway, so it just increases the amount of time that I'm awake and doing nothing before productive (or, lately, less productive) time kicks in. The only slightly good thing is that the birds eat in the morning, and they land on my balcony and it's soothing to watch them. But come on! It's only birds! I could be sleeping!!

Speaking of wasting time, here is a site with lots of personality quizzes on it: Similar Minds. I've gotten Ashley interested in the whole Myers-Briggs system lately, which is fun. We talk about the differences and pros and cons of the different types. I am an INFJ. She is an INTJ. We get along well. N's seem to run rampant in the English department, which is no real surprise. This is what makes English fun! If you don't know what any of this means, go do the quiz. You might as well. It's not like you're doing anything productive anyway, except reading about how unproductive I am. By extension, I have pulled you into my vortex of time-wasting. Muahahahaha!!!

Mental note: Tomorrow, try to regain... oooh! Shiny thing!! Gotta go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home