Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Friday, May 13, 2005

Oooh... are you superstitious?

Not much to actually say today, but I wanted to have a post dated Friday the 13th, mostly because I am a big geek. I was reading about the mythology behind this day's supposed bad luck, and it apparently comes from Christian notions about Jesus dying on a Friday and Judas, the betrayer, being the 13th one at the table for the Last Supper. Knowing this, and knowing how I feel about Christian mythology, I don't feel quite so scared of Friday the 13s.

I think that when I move back to Ontario I will try making homemade soap. I've been reading up on it, and I'm excited (yet scared) to give it a go. It looks like something I'd be really bad at, but I love the idea of it so much.

That is all for now. I hope that everyone had a safe scary day.

5 Comments:

At May 14, 2005 6:14 AM, Blogger Andie W. said...

Actually, in terms of my track record with Friday the 13th, I consider the day lucky. I don't fear the number thirteen. Unlucky numbers for me end in eight for some reason, but that doesn't make me afraid of them, either. I'm not superstitious about bad luck. I figure you get back what you put out. In other ways, I am super-superstitious. I totally believe in ghosts, but yet again not afraid of them. Not much I am afraid of...except conservatives. *shudders*

 
At May 14, 2005 9:57 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

Conservatives! Ahhhh! They ARE scary. Heh heh heh.

I have also found that traditionally, Friday the 13s are lucky days for me. I am quite superstitious, though, in some ways. I knock on wood all the time (mentally, even, if I have to), though I guess that's the only sort of "real" superstition that I hold to... at least consciously.

I don't consider believing in ghosts to be superstitious... I think it falls under another category, at least, it does in my head.

 
At May 14, 2005 3:36 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

Apparently, some cultures thought the number to be quite lucky.

The soap sounds like fun. Why wait until you get to Ontario?

Want anything from Nashville?

 
At May 14, 2005 3:42 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

I can't think of anything that I need from Nashville, but thanks for asking :)

I'm waiting until I'm back in Ontario for the big soap production because it looks like it will be messy, potentially dangerous, and require a lot of counter space, all of which is better done in Ontario. Plus, I don't have any soap moulds here, but I'm hoping to find some when I get back. It looks like great fun, though, if I can get it working!

 
At May 14, 2005 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just don't pull a Fight Club on us all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home