Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Friday, April 29, 2005

My time in Ontario is winding down. I feel like the crunch is on to see/contact everyone before Tuesday. I am more reluctant than ever to go back to NS, although I am still looking forward to being in my apartment.

I have had a good week. On Wednesday, I went shopping in Guelph with Gillian as planned. I bought a nice ring, a blasphemous magnet and some books. The one book was a "Choose Your Own Blind Date" book - a choose-your-own-adventure style book whose scenario is a blind date. Four of us tried it out the other night - Gillian was read awful poetry by her roommate, I hooked up with a hot doctor, Shanifa ended up with John Cusack, while Nad's date was an action-packed kidnapping. Fun times. Wednesday evening after shopping, Gillian and I met up with Nad, Shanifa and Anna and caught a flick at the Princess Cinema. We saw a film called Walking on Water, which was awesome. After the show, Anna, being a responsible teacher, went home to work on her lesson plan, while the rest of us went out for coffee and choose your own date adventure fun. After coffee, I caught up with Andrew for a little bit at his boot camp experience.

I spent today with Andrew as well. I finally picked up my Laurier diploma, almost 11 months after I graduated. I was holding the diploma, and I was thinking about how much that one piece of paper cost - in money as well as time and emotional commitment and experiences. Hard to imagine. After picking up the diploma, Andrew and I went for an early dinner/late lunch at the Raintree Café. I finally had the pad thai stirfy that I've been craving... so yummy!

My plans for tonight include reading the book I started yesterday and am so far quite enjoying: The Birth of Venus. I forget the author's name right now. It's one of the ones I got in Toronto last week. Tomorrow I'm supposed to be helping Andrew move - fun fun. Anyway, all is well here. Ontarians, feel free to give me a call before I leave.

1 Comments:

At April 30, 2005 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to editorilize but I would have added a few more adjectives about how gorgeous some of your friends are. Just sayin'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home