Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Sunday, May 15, 2005

I like spring. I like ice cream. Ice cream in the spring is good times.

Hello. I had a very nice day yesterday. Zenon was in town, so he came for a visit. I coerced him into driving me to New Minas for supplies. I bought some plants for my deck (I'll post pictures soon) and some potting soil and new pots for my indoor plants. I have been wanting to repot them for a while. The plant in my study looks much happier already in its bigger pot. I swear it grew a new shoot overnight. I split my African violet into two pots since it was getting so big. I'm not sure that I did a good job of it, but I guess we'll see in a few weeks if both sides survived. I keep thinking that they look lonely without each other, but I'm sure I'm projecting. The plants I bought for my balcony are so gorgeous! I have to ask my Mom what kind of plants they are and what their growing requirements are (though I suppose this last part is unnecessary since they have to stay where they are... I just hope they like it there). I loved being at the garden centre, surrounded by growing things and the scent of new life... so wonderful. I can't wait to have a garden again someday.

Anyway. I also bought groceries yesterday while we were in New Minas, and Zenon bought us LOTS of ice cream to eat. We chose 5 different small tubs so that we would have a range. Then we came home and played Civ 3 while we tried the different kinds. We actually only tried 2 different flavours before I was ice creamed out for the moment and I made us a quick dinner. I was so stuffed! I sent some of the ice cream off with Zenon (and I should have sent more) but I still have 3 kinds left in my freezer. My favourite so far is the Ben and Jerry's Coffee Toffee Crunch. As many of you know, I love toffee. This is coffee flavoured ice cream with pieces of Skor bar mixed into it. So yummy!

Last night, since I was feeling fat from all the ice cream (3 bowls!) I did a bit of a workout. I downloaded the first video of Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease series, just because I was curious. There is much less stripping in them than I was anticipating. I guess you're supposed to work that in yourself. I did a couple of the routines and discovered that I'm just as uncoordinated as I thought I was. Oh well. It was still pretty fun. I also got some solid work done on my thesis last night too, so that's good as well. The deadline for the draft is creeping up soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home