Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

A victim of Tuesdays again

Every Tuesday, I have big plans to go to school, work in the library, run errands, etc. because I have no classes. Almost without fail, every Tuesday I either feel sick, tired, or just introverted and end up staying in. I really thought that today would be different. I got almost 8 hours of sleep, I was out of bed before noon, I showered and got dressed... and that's where it ended. I modified my plans to not go to school this afternoon, but to go this evening for a lecture I was interested in. However, now it's raining and windy, so I've decided to have a bath and drink some tea instead, as you're supposed to do on blustery rainy days.

At least my day indoors wasn't totally wasted. I did two loads of laundry (I have clean underwear again! That deserves a very large "Hooray!"), vacuumed, cleaned out my vacuum's filter (a dirty job), and downloaded Microsoft's new AntiSpyware (Beta) program. It found much more spyware than I was expecting. I told it to delete most of it. So far, things still seem to be working, so that's good. Now it sits on my desktop and gives me warnings when potential spyware tries to come onto my computer (for instance, I changed my homepage back to the Aliant homepage, and it made me approve the chage). This is all to the good, methinks. I still have to get rid of my Kazaa program, and then I'll be all set.

Last night I tried sewing for the first time in a couple of months. I think that it was only the second time I've done that since I moved here, actually. I have this crazy quilt that I've been working on for over 10 years. I meant to have it finished by the time I had my own place, but that obviously hasn't happened. Maybe now that I have a lull in my schoolwork I can get back to it, especially if I'm going to spend so much time watching movies. My problem lately is that my thread gets tangled a lot. I had two major tangles last night before I called it quits (major tangles being tangles that required me to cut the thread and start over). I then began thinking about tangled threads as a metaphor for life, and I began to think of sewing as a Zen sort of thing - you need a clear mind to have clear stitches. Tangled thoughts lead to tangled threads. Then I told myself to stop being so abstract and philosophical all the time - not everything has a deeper meaning; sometimes a tangled thread is just a tangled thread. And, honestly, the tangles probably have more to do with the fact that I have a lot of cheap embroidery floss than with my knotted mind. What fun is it to live in a literal world, though? Where's the magic in that?

1 Comments:

At March 08, 2005 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

check out my tuesdays...

geekbird.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home