Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Thursday, February 17, 2005

T minus not very many hours until Reading Week fun

Hello. I had my last class before Reading Week today. I just have my one office hour tomorrow and I am free free free!!! Except for those 20 thesis pages. Oh, and what's that you say? Don't forget about those two classes I'm teaching the first week back? Oh yes, that's right. I guess I'd better re-read that book pretty soon. And what else? Oh yes, 2 critical summaries to think about too. Oh joy. Honestly, though, I am super-excited about the holiday, even with all of this yucky work, and this is why: Andrew is arriving at my apartment in about 14.5 hours from now, and staying for over a week!!! Yay!! Finally someone to watch That '70s Show with. We have lots of plans, most of which include geeky sorts of fun things, so I won't list them here. Suffice to say, I probably won't be getting much sleep tonight because of my excitement.

Things I'm Bad At: Not Just for Sports Anymore
I can also add guitar tuning to this list. I even have a chromatic tuner, but I still can't get everything sounding right. I can always tell when Zenon's been here because for a day or two afterwards my guitar sounds so great. He always plays when he stops by, and he always tunes my guitar before he plays. This is why I keep him around. Hee hee.

Next topic: I shouldn't watch TV while I'm alone. I've been so emotional lately that I've been crying over every Scrubs episode and even That '70s Show today made me tear a little. And it wasn't even the Promise Ring episode either. No wonder I'm depressed all the time. If TV's getting you down too, check out Chantal's blog. She's done a hilarious job deconstructing the Cosby Show with unique results. It made me laugh out loud. I love the Cosby Show, but I'll never look at it the same way again.

Oh, one more fun thing and then I should probably be off to do other things. I bought the game Settlers of Catan for my computer. I played the board game over Christmas and fell in love with it. The computer version isn't quite as much fun, but I am still really enjoying it. That is all.

Yay 14 hours until fun time! Yay!

2 Comments:

At February 19, 2005 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear girlfriend,

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways....

143.

That's not a bad number. Apparently I have a lot of love for you. You are so special, I am glad to spend a lot of time with you. I just wish I wasn't so warm all the time, keeping you awake until the early hours.

I'm really glad to be snuggly with you, you are so awesome and special and good, good, good. I like you a lot.

Your dorky boyfriend,
Andrew

 
At February 20, 2005 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I grow bored of this. It is time there was an update...one that does not make fun of any beloved television family if at all possible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home