Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

My thesis is thesising along

I've written about 10 of the 20 pages that I need for Friday. This is good. I figure that if I can do another 5 tomorrow (technically later today) and then 5 on Thursday, I should be smiling. It feels much less daunting to break something up into 5 page pieces. 5 pages is nothing (not really, each 5 pages is still time-consuming and challenging, though admittedly much easier to think about than a full 20 pages).

Anyway. My cousin dropped by today. He got to Wolfville on Sunday night. He's on a road trip with a friend of his. Tomorrow they're off to PEI, and by Thursday they plan on being at our other cousin's house in Ottawa for a couple of nights. It sounds like they're having a much more fun time than I am, stuck in my apartment writing my thesis. It was really neat to see him. I have a gazillion cousins, but unfortunately I generally only see most of them once or twice a year. This is something that I'll have to fix in the future. Anyway. I think that it was good for us to have company. Andrew and I haven't left the apartment today, and having visitors was a good incentive for us to clean up a little and for Andrew to put on pants (he'll be so mad at me for typing that).

I have gotten Andrew addicted to Settlers of Catan as well. As a team, the two of us are getting really good at this game. This is actually kind of sad, but it's true. Today we played a few games before breakfast. We sat up in bed and held hands while deciding whether to trade wood for wheat. This is both cute and geeky at the same time, which seems to be our trademark.

I don't have much else to report besides this. Oh, we watched Shark Tale the other night. It was very formulaic and short, but it was an entertaining way to tell the same story. I'm not sad that we rented it, but it was definitely not the movie highlight of my year so far. Tonight I'm hoping to watch Garden State with Andrew, and maybe even Butterfly Effect if we stay up as late as we have been the past few nights. I've converted Andrew to my nocturnal lifestyle, with the help of late night games of Settlers of Catan. If anything, he's made me even more nocturnal than usual. He also cooks for me while I write my thesis. He's such a good boyfriend! And so cute, too, cooking in my bathrobe (I'm getting in so much trouble for that).

Anyway, enough with the gushing. Wish me luck with my next 10 thesis pages!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home