Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Something a little cheerier

I actually got some sleep last night and am feeling a lot better. That headache I mentioned last night developed into quite a doozie. It was probably the second-worst headache I've ever had. Oh well. 2 Advils and a nap cleared it up. I watched two movies last night while I was relaxing in bed - Finding Neverland and The Incredibles. They were both good in different ways. Kate Winslet is in Neverland. I just can't believe how beautiful she is. She is my top celebrity lesbian crush. The Incredibles lived up to all of the hype. It went exactly as you wanted it to, and was thus quite satisfying, if not overly surprising.

I've realized that I'll have to get a job for the summer if I want to eat (which I do). So, if anyone knows of anyone looking for a hard-working, responsible, good-natured English major for paid work in the Wolfville area, please let me know. I was thinking back, and I haven't actually had to look for a job for over 6 years. My last job happened because my sister was working for the company and recommended me. I've been trying to update my resume, but I don't even know what to put on it.

As I was typing this, Andrew said to me, "Why don't you work on your thesis?" I said, "What?" having just spent last week working very intensely on it. I now plan to ignore it for a month (just be happy that I don't date this way). Then Andrew said, "You're so sexy when you work on your thesis. There's nothing sexier than a girl surrounded by textbooks... rawwrrrr!" The competition of which one of us in this relationship is the geekiest continues, but I think that this conversation means that it is now advantage Andrew.

I don't know that I actually have more to say. I was planning on getting into some of the things that I've been thinking about this week, but I think that out of context they won't be as good. Sometimes I think that not sleeping is really good for me - it sets my mind on fire with ideas and connections that I otherwise can't see. I guess since I'm not sharing any of these ideas or connections with you, you'll have to take my word for it. But they are there... oh yes, they are there...

1 Comments:

At March 05, 2005 5:00 PM, Blogger Andie W. said...

LOL. Kate Winslet is my "top celebrity lesbian crush"!

I thought I was alone on this. Finding Neverland is a lovely movie. I downloaded it at my parent's place after Rob's insistence.

Glad you got some sleep. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home