Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

The car thing rethought

I've been thinking about this new lack of car situation, and I've realized that my life more closely resembles my politics now than at any other time of my life. I'm against urban sprawl, and I live in an apartment building. I'm against the overuse of cars and driving because it contributes to air pollution, and I no longer own a car, so I walk and take the bus (and at Christmas hopefully carpool) everywhere I need to go. I'm against being a brand whore, and my fridge is full of the yellow label of no-name products (of which, by the way, my favourite is the gelatin dessert - much better than Jello). I'm earning my money by helping other people learn, and while being a student myself, which is good. I don't own a TV so my indoctrination that way has been reduced (in theory, anyway). All of this is pretty cool. I like thinking that I'm no longer so much of a hypocrite politically.

Although, I have to admit that I'm still sad about the car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home