Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Follow up announcement

I am employed! I had my interview at the temp agency today (and by "interview" I really mean "system of tests designed to tell them if you lied about your computer proficiency") and I am starting my first assignment tomorrow. Temp work isn't my lifetime goal, but it is good for now. Maybe there will be a Christmas after all. The base rate for temp work is much higher here than it was back in Ontario. Tomorrow I will make $13/hr to answer phones. This wouldn't happen back home.

I still have the other interview on Thursday, which I decided to still go to since it is for a permanent position. Things are looking up, here. Although, my stomach seems to be acting up. I hope that it's just because of my unhealthy habits lately and that it will go away after a healthy dinner tonight.

Not much else to say except that I rocked the tests at the temp place. Well, not the Excel one. I was only average on that one. But the others... boo yeah!

I have to be somewhere at 8am tomorrow. It has been a while since I've seen 8am, let alone was up and dressed for it. I think that it might be a tough go in the morning.

2 Comments:

At November 23, 2005 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woo hoo! I'm so glad things are going great for you Heidi. Wish you were here filing with me though! (new girl is freakin' slow)
:o) Hope the new job goes well.
Janine

 
At November 24, 2005 7:48 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Hi Janine! Is this still the same new girl that I started training before I left?

You guys must be so busy! You must e-mail me and let me know how things are going. How is the girl who took Billie-Jo's place?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home