Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Manic puttering

I have been a little hyper lately. That is an understatement. I have felt so happy and excited about our road trip and big move. I have remembered that I have a sense of humour and that I have a certain quirky charm that people seem to respond well to, and I have been using it. Work has become a lot of fun because I just laugh and enjoy people (and knit - yesterday I took my knitting to work to do at lunch, and it was a good idea) and bounce around, and similarly, I've noticed that my skills at small talk have improved because I have so much happiness about my own life that it bubbles over into concern about other people's lives. It is a little crazy (the mania - not the caring about other people's lives).

The second thing that I wanted to mention is that I have a 3 day weekend to just putter around. I am very excited about this. I woke up this morning and laid in bed, planning my day, and I realized that the only thing I have planned for the day is to go into town to buy some yarn so that I can finish Gillian's scarf. It is exciting to be able to just putter. I have some people who might call me to get together this weekend, which is fun, but as I wait for them to call or not call, as the case may be, I have lots of time to organize and pack and to read a book for fun (fun or the book club, either way) and do those things that I just haven't had time for. Also things will be quiet around here for a while. Mom is gone tonight. She has become a leafer and is going up to the Muskoka/Algonquin Park area with my Grandma, aunt and cousin to sightsee. On Monday, she and Dad are leaving to spend the week at a cottage up north for their anniversary, so I will have the place to myself all week. I will enjoy the peace and quiet, which is good because next weekend my sister and her family will move in with us for a week and it will be a full house.

Autumn has finally struck here. Earlier this week it was 28 degrees, sunny and gorgeous, but yesterday it was only 10 degrees and rainy, with that cold, gray way of autumn rain. I'm told that up North, where we're headed, there have already been snowstorms. This Alberta thing is looking less and less like a good idea all the time, or at least the part where we drive there. Of course, driving means that we get to take more books, so it's not all bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home