Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Monday, October 17, 2005

Weekend Abstraction

Things have been a bit busy lately. On Friday, my sister and her family moved in for the week while they are between houses. This means that I've been getting lots of playtime with my 4 year old niece, which is fun but exhausting. I need to come up with more fun games for us to play together,as Go Fish loses its charm much more quickly than I remember. I must say that it is lovely to come home to a big enthusiastic hug every night after work.

This weekend was also fun because I got together with Anna and Nad and Shanifa for a dance excursion out to Club Abstract. I hadn't been there since 3rd year, so it had been a while. I think that it is hands down my favourite dance club that I've ever been in. The vibe there was about having a good time, not about being sexy or trying to pick up or performing. I just felt like everyone there was there to dance their asses off and have fun. I also danced my ass off and had fun. It was the most "free" I've ever felt on a dancefloor, and it's not like I often feel constrained out there. Saturday also gave birth to my new favourite going out shirt. It is a black T-shirt with the Playboy bunny on it in sparkly gems. I wear the Playboy symbol ironically, or else as a symbol of the sexual liberation that came with second wave feminism (because in my head it's still 1969). Anyway, the sparkliness of the T-shirt turns me into an instant glamour queen, at least in my head. Even in the Williams bathroom I was inspired to bust a few moves until someone else appeared and I ran away.

After the dancing at Abstract, I slept over at Anna's, so I had a quiet morning laying in their soft guest bed. I have learned to appreciate the quiet after these couple of days spent living with an enthusiastic 4 year old. It was also fun to have girl-talk with Anna over breakfast in our pjs.

The Zenon countdown also continues. Only 5 days until we're again in the same province! My trip preparation is going slowly because my evenings are spent playing Memory and doing bead crafts with Anie, but I am still more than ready to see him.

1 Comments:

At October 19, 2005 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

all the drinks are on the crown

 

Post a Comment

<< Home