Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Sunday, September 11, 2005

I (heart) emperor penguins

Today I saw March of the Penguins at the Princess Twin Cinema. It was exciting, both because it was my first time at the Princess Twin, and because I have been wanting to see this movie ever since CC first brought its existence to my attention way back in June. The Princess Twin is fancier than I was expecting. It was neat. And the penguin movie - I loved it! I just can't fathom the lives that these penguins lead. It blew my mind. And the baby penguins are possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen onscreen. If they were only wearing sweaters, their cuteness would be so overwhelming as to make my head explode. They are so fluffy and chubby and waddly... I want one. Not really, but in my imagination perhaps.

Ashley accompanied me to the cinema. We were planning to have a study date beforehand, so we met at the Waterloo Public Library. However, it was closed because it was Sunday, which was unexpected. So, we went to the Laurier library. Closed. So, we gave up on our study date and went to the Jane Bond for antijitos. Guess what? Closed. As I said to Ashley, "You'd think we were still in Nova Scotia." Any confusion as to our whereabouts was quickly cleared up, though, when we went to Cafe 1842 or 1812 or whatever its name is. I received the most unfriendly service that I've had in a year. We were definitely in Ontario. On the upside, my smoothie was delicious.

That's all I really have to say for now. Gillian's scarf is progressing nicely, and is about 6 inches long. I just have 44 more inches to go before it's finished.

2 Comments:

At September 12, 2005 8:43 PM, Blogger Mike said...

March of the Penguins really was excellent.

 
At September 13, 2005 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A pet penguin....I like it. I think we could do it, but we would need to be someplace cold. My Fort McMurray thing is looking better all the time

 

Post a Comment

<< Home