Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Friday, September 23, 2005

News-a-poppin'

Well, it's been an eventful couple of days. I will start with the news that has nothing to do with me. I found out that Meg, my best friend from high school, is pregnant. She is into her 6th month. I was shocked when I found out, but then I remembered how I've been wanting one of my friends to get pregnant so that I'd have an excuse to knit baby blankets and such that didn't make me seem like a crazy person. I now have that excuse. Yay! Congratulations Meg and Dan!

Last night I went to see my sister's new house. They are moving in at the beginning of November. I'm not very often jealous of other people's possessions, but I am jealous of their new house. It is gorgeous! I love the design, it is very open, and the proliferation of rooms... There is one in the front that would make a great reading room/library. I also love the master suite. It has French doors that open into the back yard, an ensuite bathroom with a large jacuzzi, large shower, and the toilet in its own separate cubby with a door, so that one person can pee while the other is in the bath or shower, and privacy is maintained. The ensuite then opens up into a walk-in closet. I am going to have to take Zenon on a visit there sometime so that he can build me a house with similar features someday.

This brings me to the piece of news about me. I have found a job in Fort McMurray, so I will probably be out there before Christmas. DriverCheck, where I used to work, is opening a new office up in Fort McMurray, and since I am moving out there, they want to put me in charge of it. I don't think that it will be as glamourous as that sounds, as my job sounds like it will be answering phones, data entry and processing, and the like, and I might even have to collect urine sometimes, but it is still pretty cool. CP, the boss, thinks that the office will be incredibly busy, and I love the idea of starting something new like that. I am really excited and scared. The details are still being ironed out, so I will be around for another few weeks, but not for too much longer maybe. I still have to finish getting unpacked and organized from being in Nova Scotia! Zenon still hasn't been called out there, but I'm really hoping that that happens soon. It looks like our crazy plan to run away to Alberta is going to actually happen after all. I wasn't sure about it, but things are looking good.

That is all the news I have for now. Things are going fine otherwise. Work was busy today, so the day went quickly. Tomorrow I think I'll go shopping and run errands in Stratford. If anyone wants to donate, I'm now starting the "Help Heidi pay to move to Alberta" fund. It's a great cause. Be generous and give today.

6 Comments:

At September 23, 2005 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At September 23, 2005 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At September 23, 2005 9:13 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Wow this post was up for less than 5 minutes before it got 2 spam comments. I would be impressed if I weren't so annoyed.

 
At September 23, 2005 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I "HEART" spam!

 
At September 23, 2005 9:25 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Jason! You are tricky! Posting things under my name! I just might take away my link to your blog for this trickery!

 
At October 02, 2005 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job, Heidi. It certainly sounds like you'll be doing well out there in Alberta.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home