Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Monday, September 05, 2005

Re-entering the grown up world

Tomorrow I start my new job. It will be my first time having a job that is my actual job, instead of having a job as a means to pay tuition. I would feel like such a grown up if I hadn't moved back in with my parents last week.

Tammy and Anie were out this afternoon. Anie and I had a good time drawing with glow in the dark crayons and paints that I found when cleaning out my bedroom. I have so much cool stuff. No wonder I'm one of Anie's favourite people.

Why is everything in my parents' house stale? I ate stale nachoes for dinner (I was really craving them) and now have just bitten into a stale Arrowroot cookie. At least the tea is still good. Oh wait, I brought it all from Nova Scotia. Actually, I talked Mom into buying 2 new teas when we were out the other day. They are both very tasty, and could potentially be a low-calorie way to fill those sugar cravings. They are both Celestial Seasonings teas, and the one is English Toffee while the other is Canadian Vanilla Maple. Speaking of tea, I have harvested some peppermint from my garden, and am halfway through stripping all the leaves off to dry. It is a tedious job. However, when I am done I will have more peppermint tea than I'll know what to do with. Everyone, expect to receive care packages in the mail with large amounts of dried peppermint in them.

My sister is now on my good list. Today she gave me a copy of The Princess Bride on DVD for free! She somehow ended up with an extra copy, which she thought I would appreciate. She thought correctly.

So, I have gray hairs. Like, a number of them. I am unimpressed. I am trying to convince myself that they lend an air of distinction to my appearance, but so far I am not believing me. I have not decided yet what to do about them, but I think that I will probably use the same course of action that I normally use when confronted with adversity - pretend to be invisible and escape to my happy place.

That is all I have to say for now. I didn't have the most eventful long weekend ever. I unpacked and drank tea did laundry. I really know how to party it up when I need to.

1 Comments:

At September 06, 2005 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grey Hairs!!! Oh...Will the bald man still accept her? Not once the Tupee comes in...HHHAHHAAHAAHAHA

That's right...tupee...get ready....hahhahhaaahhha

Of course, it is made out of grey hairs, so...don't leave me Heidi!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home