Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

New Rule

Next time I move, I am not spending 3 days in Stellarton the week before. I am also not letting Zenon stay over for the entire weekend when I should be packing.

The move yesterday was stressful and rushed, to say the least. Thank you very much to Derek for his help and patience, and to Joanna for not laughing at me when I knocked on her door like a crazy person and told her to come with me right away. Things were crazy and chaotic, and I almost missed my plane (I was the last person to board), but it all worked out. I am now back in Ontario and feeling like a displaced person. The majority of my stuff isn't arriving until Saturday, and it feels odd to be without it. It's funny how you get used to having certain things in your life.

All of that being said, it was great to see my parents again last night, and I spent the morning going over my bookshelves and reminding myself of the goodness that is my book collection. This afternoon my sister and my niece are coming to visit me, which I'm looking forward to. I think that within a week, things here will feel normal again, but for now, I feel really strange. Today I am also tired and sore from yesterday's excitement and moving. I am planning a quiet day involving tea and movies and books. It feels so strange to think that I won't be returning to Wolfville in a week or two. I was just beginning to really like it there.

1 Comments:

At August 31, 2005 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I see...a new rule effecting me. Haven't you figured it out yet that I say what goes and what doesn't. I give you nothing more than the illusion of control.


Side note: Please don't yell at me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home