Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Monday, August 22, 2005

Happy birthday to me!

Today I am 25. That feels so old. As Ashley says, it means that I've moved up one checkbox on the census form.

To celebrate my birthday, as I think I mentioned below, Zenon took me to a bed and breakfast near Bridgewater on Saturday. Here is a link to their website. The room we stayed in is the room they have pictured - the Bethany suite. It is the fancy room with a whirlpool in it. The whirlpool was really neat, and they gave us a bottle of wine because it was my birthday, so we just sat in there sipping the wine by candlelight in the evening. It was so beautiful and romantic, like something out of a movie.

We spent Saturday afternoon wandering around Lunenburg. We got a late lunch there at a restaurant overlooking the waterfront, and then wandered around by the water as they had some sort of do happening down there. Zenon bought cotton candy and we listened to some neat live Maritime music, and then toured the Bluenose II ship. I have a bunch of pictures from Saturday, but they are on my old-fashioned camera that actually needs the film to be developed, so I can't show them to you yet.

Yesterday's breakfast was probably one of the nicest I've ever had. I really liked that B and B and would totally go there again if I were in the area and had money. There were fresh blueberries and fresh fruit salad, and then home-smoked bacon and eggs with thick pieces of toast. I had my own pot of tea and a glass of pulpy delicious orange juice. I have not had breakfast yet today, and now I'm starting to salivate onto my keyboard. Zenon made friends with the older couple that was also at breakfast, and got their phone number. They apparently have this neat electronic device that they will maybe let him use. I find it funny how he can just randomly befriend people over breakfast.

My birthday plans for today aren't large. I have a stack of movies here to watch, half of which are Zenon's and half of which are Ross's. I also have some jobs to apply for and errands to run. Tonight hopefully there will be drinks and laughter, and maybe cheesecake, because these are the elements of every good birthday.

1 Comments:

At August 22, 2005 5:41 PM, Blogger glasstiger said...

Hey Heidi,

Your birthday does sound textbook romantic and that bed and breakfast you stayed at sounds lovely. Mmmm...whirlpools. I love things that whirl.

Well, I just wanted to wish you the best for your birthday. You have the same birthday as my mom. I think this is neat, but astrologically you are quite different from her. You are artsy and do not work at a bank. Perhaps I should resort to numerological essentialism instead.

Talk to you soon--before I go, I hope
Chantal :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home