Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Wedding bells were ringing...

But not for me. I went to a wedding yesterday near Bridgewater. It was, for the most part, a good time. I will take a moment to step out of character and brag about my appearance. I looked really good. If I can get my hands on a picture, I will post one. For those who care, I wore a black halter top and fun floral skirt that flails in a lovely way when I spin it. I had on high-heeled black sandals and very pretty dangly pearl earrings that were part of an early birthday present from Zenon. Dressing up has become easier since my hair has become curly because doing my hair is so much simpler now.

Anyway. The ceremony was outdoors, which was a brave choice considering that it rained all morning and it looked like more rain was going to happen during the ceremony. However, it all held off, thankfully. Zenon provided the pre-ceremony mood music and the during-ceremony ceremony music. I have decided that acoustic guitars are a very good wedding ceremony touch.

I didn't enjoy the reception quite as much as I have past receptions. The speeches weren't great, and some of them were downright inappropriate (dirty jokes make me blush and should not be told in the presence of children). However, they were all short and everything was running ahead of schedule. The hall wasn't air conditioned and it was a very humid day yesterday. I found that it was too hot inside and that there were too many people, so I had to escape outdoors for a while. I recovered in time for the dance, though, which is good because not many people stayed for it, and even fewer people danced. It was up to us to keep things going, and I think we did a pretty good job. I had a really fun time, anyway, but you know me and dancefloors. I always enjoy dancing.

Perhaps because of the heat, things slowed down fairly quickly. We were some of the later stayers, and we were on the road by 9:30-10pm. The drive back was made more interesting by the incredible amount of fog on the road, but I wasn't driving, so I wasn't too worried. I was curled up in the back seat trying to sleep, or at least feigning sleep to see if Zenon and Ross would talk about me. I wanted to know what they would say. My ruse was all for not, however. They just sang songs and quoted movies and cartoons the whole way home - the usual.

This morning I had three traumatic dreams all in a row. I was happy when it was late enough for me to get into the shower. The rest of the day has been good, though. Zenon and I went out for lunch and then headed over to Ross's to watch the Family Guy movie. Good times, good times. Tonight I am planning a late dinner and an early bedtime as I am quite tired out from yesterday's social day and this morning's awful sleepy visions.

1 Comments:

At August 16, 2005 10:14 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

I am just testing something...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home