Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Weekend doings and random thoughts

I quite enjoyed my weekend this week. Friday night was the dinner at my professor's house. My other English MA students were there, as well as a few other English students we knew from school. The evening was, for the most part, very pleasant with the after-dinner conversation being quite amusing and entertaining, at least to a certain point. I found that eventually we had too many people for the size of the room and the conversation became about things I didn't want to hear about, but until then I was enjoying myself. There were too many loud people to make it easy to leave, but I did eventually.

Saturday was another excursion into Halifax. Zenon gave Ross a ride in to meet one of his friends, and then Z and I went shopping. For part of the day I felt super-nauseous, which I now think was from the heat because it was such a hot and humid day, but I perked up after we got to the air-conditioned mall. I didn't buy anything, because I'm broke, but Zen picked up a few movies, so that was fun. I particularly enjoyed our trip to Toys R Us.

Saturday evening we came back and went out to dinner in New Minas with Darrell and Joanna. It was a good time. I was no longer nauseous and my chicken shepherd's pie was delicious. Oh, and the company and conversation were good too. I laughed a lot. After dinner we went to a couple of video stores on a search for 2 movies. Darrell and Joanna found their movie at the mall. On our way out we went into the pet store. I haven't been to a pet store since I was little little. I was tempted to buy a love bird or a chinchilla, if only to rescue them from the horrible atmosphere of the pet store, but I didn't. I've decided that pet stores are too sad and I should go back to avoiding them, or else to only looking at the fish.

Sunday was another tea at Andrea's. It was the last tea, as Andrea has moved back to New Brunswick now. It was a good time, though also somewhat sad. Andrea will be back in town at the end of the month, though, for her defense. I got my first birthday present of the year from Andrea - it is a can of "Stewie's Mind Erase Elixir - Stupefaction Guaranteed". I will have to take a picture of it to show you. It made me laugh a lot. Thanks, Andrea!

Last night I did a fun thing. I downloaded 4 or 5 old DOS games that I used to play years ago. I now have Commander Keen 1 and 4 and Keen Dreams, along with Crystal Caves and Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure. Needless to say, this kept me up later than I'd been meaning to stay up. I am finding that they aren't quite as much fun to play without a joystick, but they are still really fun. Oh, the memories! Here is the link if you would like to find your old favourites as well.

My scarf is progressing nicely. It is about 10" long now. How long are scarves normally? I am hoping to finish it before I move, though there's really no reason that I'd have to.

I may have lied about the "random thoughts" in this entry. I am getting hungry and my mind isn't thinking, even randomly, as it is screaming out for food. The pre-breakfast hour is always tricky. Until later, then, my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home