Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Feelin' groovy

Today I am happy. This is worth mentioning because I have felt off for the past little while, and yesterday I felt particularly icky. However, last night and then today were great. I have sorted myself and my future out, and I feel really good.

Last night was fun because Ashley was stressed out from thesis deadlines so we went for a walk. Sometimes I like being the sane one in a given relationship, you know, just for a change. The walk was neat because we got to chat, and then we decided to go for pints at the Library Pub. I can't believe how my alcohol tolerance has disappeared. However, it is fun, if a tad embarassing. We talked about zodiac signs and boyfriends and family dramas - it was a good time. Then we went back to her place for a little more chatting, so that I didn't get home until almost 1am. In my drunken state, I decided that I needed to have noodles before I went to bed, so I made some and ate them at 1am. This interfered with my plan to go to bed early so that I would be rested for my meetings this morning, as did my decision to watch an episode of Veronica Mars while I ate them (this show is my new interest. I am ashamed to admit it, but I find it quite entertaining).

This morning I had two thesis-related meetings, and I have that sort of stuff figured out. I have now realized that thesis stress is what has been making me feel so icky the past little bit. Once I had that sorted out, I felt so lighthearted. This was good because Ashley and I went for a jaunt to New Minas. She had to go to Staples to print off 5 copies of her thesis, and she was stressed out and needed my calming and good-natured influence. I was happy to oblige. Our day of indulgence included a lunch at McDonalds and a couple of hours spent wandering Wal-Mart looking for appropriate pajamas for Ashley to use to make her cape (yes, cape. I laughed a lot, but am thinking of making one for myself). I bought some sunglasses since I left mine in Stellarton last week, and I also bought some yarn so that I can start knitting again.

Tonight I am pleasantly drained from a day of activity and chatting. I feel hopeful and happy again for the first time in a long time. What I kept reminding myself of today when I could feel myself starting to fret (I swear, it's become an automatic reflex) is that there is no reason for things not to turn out the way I want them to. This is true. I spent my evening doing chores and chatting on the phone, and I think that I will spend the rest of the night watching movies and knitting, since I still have 2 of Zenon's movies left to watch.

It is such a beautiful evening outside. I hope that all of you are feeling as hopeful and positive and peaceful as I am tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home