Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Monday, July 25, 2005

What I've been up to

I guess that it's been a few days since I've updated. I will try to catch you up on my exciting Wolfville life. This won't take long. Hee hee.

Thursday, Ashley and I did errands and such. I bought some cheap trashy romances from the grocery store. One of the ones I bought is a choose-your-own romance adventure book. It was much cheaper than the one I bought back in April in Guelph. This one only cost me fifty cents. This one came out in 1984 and is about teenagers, so it's quite entertaining. Not quite as racey as my other one. So far I've had a number of successful romances with Michael, Brad, Brett and Jeff, and that is just the beginning. On Thursday evening, Ashley and I sat out on her porch for a bit chatting, and one of the neighbourhood children came to play with us. It was a little girl of about 4 named Hannah. She brought 2 balls and a bucket with her and proceeded to make up about a gazillion different games for us to play with them over the course of the forty-five minutes that I was there. I mention this because Hannah prefaced each new idea for a game with, "I've got a great idea!" I've decided that this will be my new modus operandi as well. Every time I think of something new, I will introduce it with, "I've got a great idea!" Good press doesn't hurt, is what I figure.

On Friday afternoon, Ashley and I went for tea at the Randall House Museum. This is a historical house on the Main Street that has been restored and opened to the public. Every Friday from 2-4 they offer tea. We drank tea from delicate antique teacups and ate delicious shortbread cookies and brownies while chatting in the dining room. After a couple of cups of tea, we wandered the rest of the house and looked at all the antiques. It was really neat. We are planning on going for tea there every Friday now.

Friday evening Zenon arrived with more flowers. My living room is beginning to look quite lovely with flowers in every corner of it. Friday evening we went to Ross's house and watched a Mystery Science Theater 3000 video (The Beginning of the End) and I fell asleep on the couch. Saturday was errand day and movie day. We watched Treasure Planet at home, and I quite enjoyed it, and then in the evening went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in New Minas. Charlie and the CF was better than I was expecting. I liked it a lot more than the original, although I'm not a huge fan of the original, so that might not be saying much. There is something about Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka that I miss, but Jonny Depp's version is quite entertaining. I also found out (finally) what it is like to go to the movies with someone who laughs louder and more often than I do.

Yesterday I went for tea at Andrea's house with Ashley. Andrea made some delicious cookies. We sat around and chatted for a couple of hours and then walked out to the farmer's markets outside of town. While we were at the one, the sky suddenly opened up with a huge crack of thunder and there was a torrential downpour. Luckily, it only lasted for a few minutes before the sun returned again. After that it was back home to say goodbye to Zenon and do normal Sunday evening things.

I have no big plans for today, just thesis work and chores. Wednesday I am going for a visit to Stellarton, and I'm quite excited. Being somewhere that isn't Wolfville for a few days will be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home