Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Friday, June 10, 2005

My punching bag: not just a conversation piece anymore

Yesterday as I was struggling up the hill with some groceries through the thick warm air (Nova Scotia being an impossibly humid province), Ian drove up and offered me a ride home. Of course I accepted, especially when he dropped hints about ice cream. Sure enough, after the groceries were put away, we went for ice cream. I had my regular mint chocolate chip, of course (it's occurred to me that I really am predictable in a steady stable sort of way) and we wandered around the little park area there as we ate. Once the bugs became too annoying, we headed back into town. Ian came up for a pleasant chat. He broke my mechanical automatic advance pencil and I laughed at him, telling him that he was the first person to visit and break something, but he was eventually able to fix it. Like many visitors to my living room, he was also intrigued by my sad looking punching bag, or as I liked to call it, big red phallic conversation piece. Perhaps still feeling bad about the pencil incident, Ian decided to fix the punching bag. This ended up not being as big of a chore as I was anticipating, especially with 2 people to do it. So, I can now add actual purposeful arm movements to my dance attacks (hee hee hee... dance attacks... that sounds so '80s and dorky) instead of the random flailing that I've been doing so far. I sent Ian off with many thanks and strict instructions that I am to be included in future ice cream excursions.

Tonight I'm meeting Andrea for dinner at the Library Pub, which I'm excited about, and tomorrow hopefully Zenon is coming for a visit. He and I have big Scrubs-related plans.

2 Comments:

At June 11, 2005 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, so you're not going to fill in the kids back home? Names of certain gentlemen appear suggestively in your writings, but no real stories are told? Come, Heidi, do tell the good stuff!

-wink-

 
At June 11, 2005 10:03 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

Hee hee hee... I don't kiss and tell, at least not on the internet :P
Although seriously, there's been no kissing, and therefore no need for telling. I didn't realize that I was speaking suggestively when I mentioned ice cream dates. Sometimes an ice cream cone is just an ice cream cone... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home