Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Self-esteem restored

I had a really good social day yesterday. First of all, it was sunny and 27 degrees Celsius, so I decided to don some summer garb and go for a walk for exercise and possible tan-progression. I left my place around 4:30pm, planning to wander for about 30-45mins. I got to the top of the hill and was debating whether to turn left or right when I decided to drop by Ashley's place to see if she was home and if she wanted to join me in a study-break walk. It ended up she didn't, but she invited me in for a chat. The next time I looked at the clock, it was 9pm. "Oh my God!" I exclaimed upon seeing this, "I'm supposed to be at Janice's right now and I haven't even made cookies yet!"

So, I hustled home as quickly as could, not only because I was late but because the temperature had dropped during my 4 hours at Ashley's, and it was now much to cold to be wandering the streets in a tank top and shorts. When I got home, I found that I had to do dishes to have pots too cook supper in and a baking pan to bake cookies on. Luckily, the cookies I had planned were refrigerator cookies, so I just had to slice and bake them. Since the chair incident, I have been feeling a little chubby, so I decided that a night of drinks and debauchery was a good time to pull out the aforementioned sexy jeans. To my delight, they fit with a bit of room (though not much) to spare. Things were starting to look up.

I got to Janice's at about 10:15 or something. My plan had been to arrive for 9, so all things considered, I wasn't that late. There was a small but pleasant gathering at Janice's, and everyone was well on their well to intoxication by the time I got there. I quickly mixed up my gin and lemonade and did a good job playing catch up. When I started to find everything hilarious we went over to the 'Vil for some fun dancing. I really need to go dancing more often. I had a good time. The self-esteem increased even more when I got hit on on the dancefloor. I actually find being hit on troublesome and annoying, but it's still good for the ego. I think that Chantal and I got ourselves out of it pretty well, though.

The thing about Wolfville is that everything closes so much earlier than you'd expect. Last night the 'Vil shut down at 1am and we were out on the street. We stood out there and chatted with people for quite a while. My self-esteem went even higher when a different guy asked me for my phone number. I know not to take offers too seriously when they come at 2am after a night of drunken debauchery, but it's still nice to be found attractive. Although, as I'm typing this I think it's making me sound like a bit of a tart. Oh well. I wasn't being one.

Post 'Vil we headed back to Janice's where Ian ordered us pizza and garlic strips. We hung out there for a while chatting and eating. I was getting very sleepy by this point, so I wasn't sorry when it was time to go home. Ian was nice enough to give both Chantal and me a ride home, and I made it there for 3:30am. I actually couldn't sleep when I went to bed, though, which was strange. I dozed lightly off and on all morning until I finally got out of bed around 2pm this afternoon. Today I feel a little icky, not in a hangover way so much as a bad night of sleep sort of way. Oh well. It was still a very good time yesterday and I'm happy things went the way they did.

2 Comments:

At June 05, 2005 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HARLOT!

 
At June 05, 2005 9:02 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

I stick my tongue out at you! Take that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home