Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Friday, June 17, 2005

I found my soulmate (and it's not a cookie)

It's a cat. Or rather, he is. Yesterday, Andrea, Ashley and I went to the Library Pub to celebrate Bloomsday (it's a James Joyce thing) and we were talking about Ashley's cats. Ashley mentioned that her cat Zoe doesn't like strange men or children. I perked up. I already knew that Zoe and I had a lot in common, but as the conversation progressed, I realized that if I were to be a male cat, I'd be Zoe. Zoe is aloof and picky about his companions. He doesn't like to be touched except by certain people at certain times (always on his own terms). Zoe even has problems eating when he's unhappy so Ashley has to lock him alone in a room during mealtimes. I also have problems eating when I'm unhappy, and prefer to eat alone. The "punishment" of being locked in a room until he finishes his dinner reminds me of when I was little and I had trouble finishing my supper and I had to sit alone at the counter until I finished everything and drank all my milk, sometimes all the way until bedtime. To top it all off, Zoe sucks his toes. When I was little I sucked my thumb. Zoe is also the younger cat in the house, just as I'm the younger sibling in my family. As well, Zoe is a picky eater. Anyone who's shared a meal with me ever knows that I am too. I like Zoe, even if he isn't as approachable as Bug. It's a real compliment when Zoe deigns to pay attention to you, and Zoe seems to like me. Zoe is also cute with his crinkly plastic bag fetish. This fetish is one of the ways in which we differ, as I don't lay on plastic bags when I get bored.

Anyway, not much else to report. Zenon's visiting this weekend, for sure this time, not like last time when he didn't actually visit. I applied for a neat job at school that I hope I get. I've been having a lot of thoughts about things lately (yesterday especially was a good thinking day), though, unfortunately, those things haven't included my thesis very much. Oh well. My Mom is visting in a week and half and I'm getting really excited. Oh, I've been having nightmares lately, which isn't good. Many of them have been House-based and involve really obscure and deadly diseases. I think it's a sign of stress. Besides that I'm doing well, though. And I only have one more House episode to watch and then I'm done with the series until next season, which should help.

Editor's Note: After reading this entry, Ashley told me that Zoe doesn't go into the room as he eats as a punishment, but as special treatment. Ashley says that Zoe also likes to have possessions, and now he has his own room and he has claimed the bicycle back there. I also like having special treatment, my own room and my own possessions. My sister also mentioned that I used to suck my toes as a child, which I wasn't going to mention, but in the interest of accuracy, I decided that I would.

1 Comments:

At June 19, 2005 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was also going to mention you used to suck your toes when you were little. I have a great picture to prove it.

I too am very excited to be coming out there in a week. I can't wait to see you and spend some real quality time with my girl. See you in 1 week, 2 days...Love you...Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home