Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Golden afternoon

Considering everything going on in my life right now, I had just about as perfect of an afternoon as possible. The weather today was absolutely gorgeous - sunny and 15 degrees. I opened all the windows in my apartment and then I put the chairs back on my balcony and sat out there reading A Long Day's Journey Into Night by Eugene O'Neill. They're studying it in my first year class. I wore a sweater over my pjs, and I was the perfect temperature. Basking in the sun like that was so beautiful, so peaceful. I could hear the birds chirping away in all of the trees (they were very talkative today) and there was a fresh breeze... Lovely. Looking into the woods behind my house, I also saw a pair of pheasants. This was exciting for me because it was unexpected and because I'd never seen pheasants before. They are larger than I expected. I came in feeling so refreshed, so peaceful. I then had a late afternoon nap in the sun, which was also fun. I like naps.

My evening's been pretty good too. I made some tacoes for dinner and talked to my parents on the phone. It had been a long time since I'd talked to them. I've actually gotten some work done tonight too, for the first time in what feels like forever. I still have lots more to do, but being productive feels good. I've also discovered the Britcom "Coupling" thanks to Gillian. This show is hilarious! I've never laughed so hard at TV, I don't think. I think it outlaughs Scrubs, which is a pretty dramatic thing for me to say. If you get the chance, check this show out. I've also discovered a new band from listening to CBC Radio 3 on the weekend - LCD Sound System. If you're in the mood for something that's a cross between electronica and disco, check them out. I think they will be my new dance partners.

Anyway, I've got 2 essays to write and 12 to mark in the next little bit, so I'd best return to the grind. I just wanted to include you in this lovely day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home