Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Friday, April 01, 2005

Enneagram and fun times

Enneagram
free enneagram test


Ashley has got me going on enneagram personality tests. She told me about them earlier, but it was when I was in the throes of my Myers-Briggs obsession, so I wasn't really receptive. However, coming to it now, I'm finding it quite interesting, as most personality tests are. As you can see above, I test as a 5. The description of my type found here seems fairly accurate. If you feel like it, visit one of these sites and find out your own number and let me know. I'd be curious to find out.

I have been having a good couple of days. I've felt really happy, for no real reason. I've just been in a really good mood. Yesterday especially I was quite giggly. I finally found out my thesis supervisor's astrological type (Aries) and M-B type (INTP or INFP - she said INTP). I found I had a lot to say in my Middle English class, which is a change. I'm usually pretty quiet in that class, but I find I had a lot to say about whether the ending of Sir Gawain and the Grene Kny3t is happy or not. I think that it was probably all subconscious regurgitation from when I took it the first time ("Weldonese" spewing from my mouth... how strange), but still. Hopefully it will help to boost my participation mark a little. Yesterday I also had a really good laugh with my counsellor over something stupid. Neither of us could stop laughing for almost 5 minutes. Laughing feels good.

Last night was the AGSA social. I wasn't going to go, but then I did. It was actually quite fun. We English girls sat together and just drank and chatted until midnight. Some of the profs came out too for a bit. I had a really good time and took some pictures too, which is exciting. I like drinking with friends and eating cheesies.

Today I went to the first year class I'm TAing for. They were studying a story about two old ladies who have been companions for 6 years. I started to feel really old. The discussion changed from themes in the story to a discussion of why old people are creepy and you just can't get along with them. They also talked about how 6 years was such a long time to be living with the same person. Lisa, the prof (the Aries) pointed out that most married people live together for much longer than that, but it didn't seem to phase them. I just thought about what it was like being 18 when 6 years with the same person seemed like forever. It made me laugh at their innocence. They also seemed to think old people might as well be dead because they have nothing going on in their lives. It was actually quite revealing and sad, but still quite funny at the time. I can make it funnier when I talk about it in person.

I feel like I've been laughing a lot lately, and I like it. I think that staying up all night on Tuesday night and meditating on Wednesday morning was really good for me. I don't have any big plans for the weekend. I'm going to hopefully meet Ashley's second cat who just arrived. He's cuddly, so I've been told, so I'm excited. Besides that, it's most just running errands and doing chores and writing essays. How depressing. More depressingness is the fact that Andrew is right now at the Arts Grad Ball at UW with another girl (a twin), and the fact that my first essay is due in just over a week. However, I'm going to focus on the positive. Like, I won on an instant scratch lottery ticket last night. I doubled my money (that means I won $4). Yay! I'm planning on reinvesting my winnings into more tickets. Soon, I will be able to pay for my PhD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home