Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Dreaming the truth

I usually hate when people talk about their dreams, but I had a funny one this morning that I want to share with you. My dreams lately have been a more accurate than usual reflection of my thoughts, or at least they've gotten less symbolic and more straightforward. This morning I dreamt that I was at Zellers with Andrew (who was himself and yet not, in that way that it happens in dreams). Well, first of all Zellers was a hospital and I was visiting Andrew (I watched Scrubs last night before bed). He was playing Trivial Pursuit/chess with someone and I was watching. Then, it was time to go because they were closing. The Zellers/hospital employees got us to start chanting, and I realized that they had a special mind-control power over people. I was quite alarmed (to say the least) and resisted their indoctrination as best as I could. We went back the next morning, and no one believed me about the indoctrination, though it was so obvious from looking at the other shoppers' eyes. When I confronted one girl about it, she told me that the "indoctrination" was actually a ritual to cure cancer (apparently Zellers was the cancer ward - an interesting metaphor). Anyway, I grabbed Andrew (who was strangely docile - apparently from the indoctrination) and we tried to leave. They tried to stop us, of course, even though I'd bought something. We made it downstairs where there was the other exit from the mall. It was in K-Mart. We went in there and there were the same people in different outfits/disguises using a slightly modified chant on the consumers. With some struggle we were able to get free, but just as we were leaving, I said, "Why don't we look around a little before we leave?" Then I caught myself and said, "Their indoctrination is so insiduous! I don't even need anything and I want to browse and buy something! Let's go!" By this time we had picked up another cancer patient/member of the new religious movement who was following us. Andrew and the other guy, who, as cancer patients, had received more indoctrination than I had, were confused and reluctant to leave, but I made them. We stepped outside and I said something to the effect of, "Consumerism is a cult! They're indoctrinating everyone, making them think that they need things that they don't, just so that they can make money! We have to tell people and get them to stop shopping!" Truly, my sleeping mind is brilliant sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home