Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Friday, March 25, 2005

As Andrew says, "Civ 3 IS a good Friday"

Just a brief update today. Andrew and I, being the big, lovable geeks that we are, have spent the afternoon playing Civ 3 together. Not literally, together, of course, because he's in Ontario and I'm here, but together in that we've played separate games and discussed them with each other as we've played. It's a dorky way to get in some long-distance togetherness. I stopped playing after 3 other civs ganged up on poor little me (I was Germany). I held out pretty well for a while, but after they took Leipzig and tried for Konigsburg, I stopped.

I did indeed go that Philosophy lecture that I mentioned below. It was interesting, although I found the focus was more on proper argumentation than on anything else. I did find the comparison the professor made between theists and conspiracty theorists to be quite unexpected, but he explained it well. Basically, it was that both conspiracy theorists and theists use the absence of evidence as evidence. So, a conspiracy theorist will say that they can't prove a conspiracy for you because by its nature, a good conspiracy will leave no evidence. Meanwhile, a theist will argue that God does not need to give evidence of itself, and therefore there isn't any. I don't think that there was anything in the lecture that I can use in my thesis, but I'm still glad I went.

I don't have too many plans for the long weekend. I want to clean my apartment tonight, and hopefully get some schoolwork done, and then tomorrow I'm either having tea or going to a concert with Chantal (either one will be fun), and on Sunday I have a phone date with Suzan. I'm hoping to fill the empty spaces with movies and more schoolwork, and a little bit of spa-type pampering in my own home. I'll let you know how it goes.

My cold is pretty much gone now, so that's good. Also, my dreams have returned to their usual state of interesting but not overwhelming, which is also good. I think that's all I have for now. I hope that everyone has a fun, chocolate-filled Easter!

1 Comments:

At March 28, 2005 4:22 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Thank you for the link to that site. I'm going to have to do a lot of reading to improve my game because I'm actually relatively bad at Civ 3. This is possibly because I don't take the time to strategize, but instead try to build fun things for my citizens that will make them happy. Anyway. This site might help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home