Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Love and hate

Why I love Fort McMurray:
1. My first temp job involved me getting paid $13/hr for reading my book for 3 days.
2. My current job just paid me $18/hr this afternoon to sit in a boardrooom eating pizza and watching TV.
3. It doesn't snow very much and there are on average only 2 days/year with whiteout conditions.
4. Laid back employers.
5. Lots of Newfies.
6. Everyone gets a ride to work.

Why I hate Fort McMurray:
1. Christmas is coming and I'm very far away from my family.
2. Rent is higher than in Toronto.
3. Vacancy rates are zero.
4. The sun rises at 8:30am and sets at 4pm. Most days I don't get to see it.
5. No salt trucks.
6. The bed gets really cold at night.
7. Black ice and lots of it.

I guess everything balances out in the end. I can't wait for summer and the midnight sun and for how beautiful the middle of nowhere will be then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home