Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Nighttime meanderings

I just got back from a late-night walk around town. I haven't gotten much exercise lately, so I thought a stroll would do me good. And it did. I've decided that I haven't seen enough of Wolfville at night. It is full of magic. Everything was clean from the rain we had earlier, and the plants were still wet and sparkling with diamond raindrops. I started off originally to find the house that I saw before that I want to live in someday. Surprisingly, considering my flawed sense of direction, I found it. It looks just as lovely in the dark, and charmingly mysterious. I think I can find it again so now I can show people. Things look so much different in the dark, although it's a full moon or almost-full moon tonight, so there was actually quite a bit of light. I just can't get over the amount of magic in this town. At one point I passed by a stump, and I swore that if I waited long enough the gnome who lives there would poke his head out and climb back on top where he sits watching traffic when he can't sleep. I decided not to wait because I didn't want to interrupt his evening.

Anyway. Onto more concrete things. CC informed me today that there is a movie coming out that I have to see. I have decided that I agree with his analysis. It is called March of the Penguins. I think it's pretty self-explanatory why this is my new must-see movie. Morgan Freeman is narrating. There are penguins. 'Nuff said there.

It was fun to talk to CC today. It had been a while. We go for months without talking, but whenever we do happen upon each other on MSN, it's always hilarious. He tickles my funny bone like no one else. He also shares my penguin obsession, so that's good too. I have funny stories about getting to know CC in undergrad (we only talked once/year until 4th year, and that still amuses me) but I don't feel like telling them right now. Those will be for another day.

Other neat things: I found a new webcomic that I enjoy. It is called Stu Reddington and has that quirky type of humour that I love. Here is one of my favourite ones. I will be adding a link to the sidebar someday when I feel ambitious. Also, Jason sent me a link to a site that is quirky, hilarious and socially conscious. It is Mail Order Chickens. Finally, Nad has finally updated his blog, so I've added him to the sidebar. Nad is my sleepover buddy (in a non-sexual way) from undergrad. He used to let me crash at his place after nights of drinking at Phil's, for which I will always be grateful. So many happy sleepover memories of girly-type gossip sessions until 7am... *Sigh* the memories. Anyway, here is a link if you're too lazy to try the sidebar.

That's all I've got for now. I need to grab something to eat and try to finish a chapter tonight. I've decided that getting up earlier, while it's been fun, has been bad for my productivity. Anyway. I highly recommend everyone do some nighttime meanderings of their own.

2 Comments:

At June 22, 2005 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want 2 see "March of the Penguins" with you. As I suggested earlier today, we should waddle towards each other until we meet somewhere between Wolfville and Toronto.

By the by: you, too, tickle my funny bone like no one else. HT is to CC as bowties and turtleneck sweaters are to Hubert (my imaginary pen-goo-in friend).

2 1/2 years is too long to not embrace and discuss deodorant scents in person.

 
At June 23, 2005 7:24 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

Ha! The deodorant! I can't believe you remember that! That's one of the weirder and funnier things I ever did in the Torque room. When I get back to Ontario, and you and I are definitely meeting up for coffee and penguin talk.

P.S. Logical statements are much improved by the mention of penguins.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home