Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Sunday, April 17, 2005

In transit

I am at the Halifax airport. I am waiting for my flight back to Ontario this evening. I have a couple of hours wait here, so I'm happy for the free wireless internet. So far my trip has been fairly uneventful. The bus ride was pleasant. It's a beautiful day weather-wise and Nova Scotia is such a beautiful province. I need to get a digital camera and just take a month or two to traverse Nova Scotia and photograph every inch. Someday, when I'm a member of the rich and leisured classes, I will do this. Someday...

I actually had a panic attack before I left my apartment this morning. That was strange. I haven't had one for a while. Happily, it was relatively minor in that it was short-lived, so I was able to catch my bus. I don't know what caused it except maybe accumulated bottled-up emotion. Whatever it was, I'm happy it ended. Besides that incident, my packing and cleaning of the apartment went well. I hope I didn't forget anything important, but I had lists and more lists, so in theory everything should be taken care of.

I am really a cat person. Not that I want to own one, but I like cats and they (in general) seem to like me. I'm saying this because I was at Ashley's on Thursday evening for a couple of hours and her one cat, Zoe, was being very affectionate in his Zoe way. Zoe is the one who is not cuddly and doesn't like to be touched (I can respect that). He's such a tease, though, because he'll lie on his plastic bags, showing his tummy, and I just want to bury my face in it, but can't. I got as close as I will ever to that though, on Thursday, when Zoe let me give him a quick bellyrub. I might have taken him by gentle surprise. Bug, the other cat, is very cuddly, and actually purrs, but he is still adjusting to life in Nova Scotia and hasn't warmed up to me yet. 3 of the 5 girls in my program live with cats, so I have become used them being the main topics of conversation. I apologize to any non-cat lovers out there.

I am getting really bored with Wolfville. I am very happy to be taking this trip. Wolfville is a lovely town, but living there without a car loses its charm after each 3-4 month stint. I'm excited to see it in apple-blossom time; its beauty then is legendary. Even though I'm bored with Wolfville though, I'm always sad to leave my apartment. I really like it, especially now that we've had some days where it's nice enough to sit on the balcony.

I guess that's all I have for right now. I might get bored and post again later from the airport. Yay free wireless internet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home