Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Sunday, January 23, 2005

I'm smart! S-M-R-T Smart!

I just did an online IQ test here. Who knows how accurate it really is, but I like the results. I actually took this test once years ago. I checked my results, and I scored one point higher this time (yay grad school!). I also realized that I remembered my score wrong all these years, which explains how everyone I told about it had a higher score than me. I knew that something had to have gone wrong somewhere... Anyway, here's what the test had to say about me:

Your IQ score is 136

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns.

I'm not sure about the math part, although the math questions on the test weren't that hard. I just had to cast my mind back to high school, which was the last time I did any sort of higher math work like algebra or geometry or fractions. I found the test relatively easy, but then, I'm a Visionary Philosopher, so of course I did. I should also mention that my achilles heel, my Waterloo, if you will, was not on this test - that is, there were no questions about spatial manipulation. Those are always the questions where I either crash and burn, or else burn my brain out figuring them out. This would probably explain how I get lost so often. Again, this probably isn't the most accurate IQ test going, but I'm going to ride this wave. I like being called "visionary"... it's so much better than "crazy".

We have indeed gotten the storm that they were calling for. It is one humdinger of a nor'easter - an even bigger blizzard than the one last week. I've noticed that every third day we've been getting storms, so I will make sure I'm stocked up with milk and supplies for Wednesday. Depending how long the storm lasts, we might not have school again tomorrow, but I think we probably will. I'm going to post another picture of my balcony, which now has enough snow on it that you could bury yourself in and die if you so choose. It would be a strange thing to choose to do, but then, people are strange. The storm has been going on all day and there doesn't seem to be any sign of it letting up. I noticed that on the news they actually used the term "nor'easter" and not to be funny. That was the actual word they used for the storm. Is this normal? I can't recall this ever happening in Ontario, but then, maybe we don't get nor'easters in southwestern Ontario. Is three blizzards in one week typical for the Maritimes? I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I made a Johnny Cake for breakfast this morning. As promised, here is the recipe:

Preheat oven to 375C. Mix together:
7/8 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Blend in 1 cup cornmeal. Form a well in the centre of these ingredients. Combine separately, and then pour in
1 cup milk
1 beaten egg
1/4 cup melted butter or margarine

Blend all ingredients well. Pour into a greased 8" square baking pan and bake for 25-30 min. Serve warm with syrup.

Johnny cake (or cornbread, as it is alternately called) makes a delicious breakfast food, or else a fun snack. Low in sugar (until you add the syrup), it's also fairly healthy. And, more importantly, it's yummy.

Well, that's all for now. I must now turn my super intelligence to my intense philosophical pursuits.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home