Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Yesterday was fun

Yesterday that warm front that's been sweeping the country finally made it out here. It was 15 degrees in January! I wore my spring jacket to school (unzipped!) and was still sweating by the time I made it there. There's nothing like an unexpected spring-like day to put a spring in your step (groan if you must, but it's true). On top of this, I listened to music on my way to school. I really don't do this often enough. Listening to music helps me get my groove on, so that by the time I got to school, I felt really good. I went to the first year class that I'm TAing for. They were studying Ginsberg. I thought that it would be a good class to go to because I am giving a presentation on Ginsberg in about 2 1/2 weeks time. As part of the lesson, Lisa (the prof, aka my supervisor) played some clips of Ginsberg reading his own poetry. His reading style was different than I expected, and at first I didn't really like it. However, as I was listening to "Sunflower Sutra" and following along on the page, I suddenly got it. It was a strange and exhilarating feeling. Suddenly I felt like a sunflower prophet. I wanted to dance around to everyone and tell them that, "We're not our skin of grime, we're not our dread bleak dusty imageless locomotive, we're all golden sunflowers inside, blessed by our own seed & hairy naked accomplishment-bodies growing into mad black formal sunflowers in the sunset, spied on by our eyes under the shadow of the mad locomotive riverbank sunset Frisco hilly tincan evening sitdown vision". It was a fun feeling. Ginsberg rocks.

The other fun thing from yesterday was that I went to a party at my friend Janice's place last night. Janice lives next to the apartment that I would have lived in if I didn't live in this apartment, if that makes sense (if it doesn't, let me know and I'll clarify). Anyway, it was good times. I had gin. I got a real-fruit slushie from Muddy's on my way to the party which was so deliciously awesome. I mixed in some gin with it, so that it became frozen drunken goodness. Then I had gin and tonic. Gin is great.

After all of this drunken fun, I actually slept quite badly last night. I had so many dreams and I woke up a lot. I'm not sure why. I guess my body was rebelling against all the toxins I'd fed it. Usually this only happens to me when I'm stressed out, but I don't think I was. Anyway, that explains why I just got out of bed now.

Today's plans include grocery shopping (this has reached the critical stage), cleaning the apartment, and possibly watching movies with new friends from the party last night. Otherwise, watching movies by myself in my apartment. Either way, it should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home