Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Monday, July 18, 2005

Still broke

So, I didn't get the job that I interviewed for earlier. Apparently the ethics survey I did came back "not recommended", which I find both funny and troubling. Oh well. I suppose my life of leisure can continue then. Actually, I am really not enjoying the lack of structure in my life anymore. I have so much alone time that I no longer use it productively. For that reason, I have decided to create more projects for myself for my spare time for the rest of the summer. Accordingly, here are some things that I want to do:
  • improve my guitar playing skills. My poor guitar only gets played when Zenon is here
  • exercise almost daily, and walks with Ashley don't count
  • cook better meals for myself
  • finish at least one or two more squares of my quilt
  • read a book that doesn't include the phrases "heaving bosom" and "throbbing manhood"
  • write more angry letters to the government
It's a modest list, but I think it's good for a start. I just feel like I'm getting more and more bored and more and more boring everyday. I hate being boring. I wish that I had brought some of my religion and culture books with me... there are two that I'm oddly in the mood for lately. It is probably because Asian spiritual disciplines is a very different topic from what I generally spend my days thinking about, and would be fun to talk about.

Oh, I also wanted to say that being woken up before 9am by crews of guys climbing onto the roof and removing shingles is not a fun experience. I was bitter.

3 Comments:

At July 19, 2005 1:01 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

They came back this morning just before 8am. I was not impressed, especially since it's been too hot to keep the windows closed.

I have to say, my sense of humour for things of the "wakie wakie" kind that you experienced is much less before 11am.

 
At November 08, 2005 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi
I never realised that so many blogs would show up if I did a search on something like baking bread. I'm still not sure how well Still broke falls into that category, but I've enjoyed visiting :0) Adios Amigo.

 
At November 11, 2005 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I've enjoyed my visit to Still broke, but I'm not sure it's what I was looking for. I was actually searching for articles on asparagus - these search engines are weird! Just thought I'd say hello while I'm here :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home