Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Monday, July 18, 2005

I don't have superpowers

As a rather strange side effect to having so much alone time, I have begun to feel like I can do a lot of things that I think I really can't. When there's no one around to challenge you, it's easy to believe certain things about yourself. However, some of my beliefs could someday get me into trouble if I start actually trying to use these abilities. Therefore, here is a list to remind myself of the things I can't do:
  • I can't actually speak Spanish. French, oui. English, yes. Spanish, no.
  • I am not qualified to diagnose diseases
  • I can't communicate with animals well enough to stop a rampaging bear if one ever attacks me
  • I can't predict the future
  • I am not as physically flexible as I think I am
  • My charm does not work on everyone - some people are immune to the "twinkle smile"
  • I am not telekinetic nor telepathic, no matter how much I want to be
  • Caffeine does not enable me to fly, no matter how wired I get (thanks, Lone Ranger!)
  • Also, apparently I can't even walk. During this morning's (Tuesday's) walk, I sprained my ankle and fell flat on my face. It is healing now, but is still sore and annoying.
I may add to this list as more things become evident.

3 Comments:

At July 19, 2005 1:12 PM, Blogger Lone Ranger said...

I'm glad you can still fly.

 
At July 19, 2005 3:05 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Ha ha ha! I forgot about that! I'll have to add it to my list. Thank you!

 
At July 19, 2005 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are also not ethical

 

Post a Comment

<< Home