Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Today's Goal: Fresh Air

I realized today that it has been over two days since I left the house. Sunday night I was out until 4am, but that is the last time that I have inhaled fresh air. Before you start thinking that I am totally lazy (although why I want you to stop thinking that I don't know since it's true), let me just say that on the first day of not leaving the house, we had my Mom's family over for Christmas, so it would have been rude of me to leave. Yesterday was just our first true pajama day, as neither Mom nor I changed out of our pjs all day. Our previous pj days had all been punctuated by brief spans out of our jammies due to either visitors coming in or visits that we paid to others. Yesterday was spent in front of the TV.

The family day 2 days ago was actually fairly enjoyable. I kicked ass at games. My cousin Amanda and I won 4 straight euchre games. Now granted, we were playing against my 83 year old Grandma, who is not as sharp as she used to be. She would make hearts trump, and then halfway through the hand try to take a trick with a spade. But, we weren't playing for money, so it was all good. I also discovered that my cousin Chris shares my love of That '70s Show and Family Guy, so I got out my laptop and we watched some clips. I also introduced he and Amanda to Clone High.

Yesterday Mom and I got the movie SuperSize Me on Pay-Per-View. It was interesting. I think that Christmas, when there is so much junk food, was a bad time to see it for the first time. However, it was an interesting movie and gave me a lot to think about. I also watched some Charlie Chaplin movies last night that I got for Christmas. They were entertaining. Silent films are funny. I think I like them.

Today I am going shopping, to dinner at my sister's, and then to a movie tonight. Busy day. It should be fun. I still need to get Andrew's Christmas present. Any ideas?

Oooh... breakfast is ready. I've got to go. More later. The service here at my parents' house is great... Dad cooked breakfast for me.

4 Comments:

At December 29, 2004 4:20 PM, Blogger Margatron said...

If you're a Chaplin fan, I own almost all of his early Keystone Follies short films as well as most of his feature lengths. Let me know if you ever want some extra silent entertainment.

 
At December 30, 2004 6:52 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Thanks for the offer, Margie! I'm not ready to commit to anything right now, but after I've seen the other three discs I got, I will let you know.

 
At December 30, 2004 7:38 PM, Blogger Margatron said...

Who were they released by? I'm curious...

 
At January 05, 2005 8:55 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

They were released by Koch Vision, if that means anything to you. The collection is called "Chaplin: Early Masterpieces 1915-1917" and contains such films as "A Woman", "The Bank", "By the Sea" and others. I hope this helps!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home