Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Moral of this story: Boxing Week shopping is dangerous

Hello. Well, yesterday went pretty much as outlined down below. Mom and I spent a total 1.5-2 hours at the mall, during which time I bought 2 pairs of pants for $24 total at Bluenotes. Yay corduroy! I also bought part of Andrew's present, but I won't say what because we haven't exchanged yet.

I had a ball at my sister's. I can't believe the imagination that Anie has... it's so much fun! Yesterday we blasted off in a spaceship (aka her closet) and visited the moon (bounce bounce bounce in the low gravity) and Mars, where we looked for martians and brought back souvenirs. I had a good time talking to Tim and Tam about "adult stuff" too.

The movie that Mom and I saw last night was Closer. I wish that it was out on video so that I could make the other Acadia English girls see it and talk to me about it. It was a weird movie, which I was expecting, and I have a lot to say about it, but only to people who have seen it. Thus, if you have seen it, please post comments below.

Today Mom and I went on a longer shopping spree, but this time only to Stratford. It is hard to have money and not spend it. I bought another pair of jeans (which means that I will return to NS with 4 new pairs) and a sweater. The sweater is made of "marshmallow knit", and as the name implies, it is very soft and squishy. I love it. Wearing it (as I am right now) makes me feel cuddly. I also bought myself two exercise DVD's (one yoga and one pilates) for when I go back to NS. Maybe I can get into shape this term. (Stop laughing everyone!). I finished buying Andrew's Christmas present too. He asked for "something useful". How much fun is that? And he stipulated "no CDs or DVDs". Yuck. Anyway, I followed these criteria. When I type it all out like this, it doesn't sound like I bought that much, actually. That makes me feel a bit better, especially when I add that my pants were $15, the sweater $23, and the one DVD $6. However, I ended up spending quite a bit of money, none of it I really should have. Oh well. It was fun.

I am supposed to be picking Andrew up from the airport tonight. Originally, I was supposed to meet him at 8:30pm, but now his flights have been delayed, so it will be around midnight. Oh dear. Wish me luck finding my way around without a navigator. I'm not known for my internal sense of direction, except for the fact that it is always wrong.

Well, that's all I have to say. I guess I need to wrap Andrew's present and rest up for the big journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home