Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Happy things

I have a job interview! Maybe I won't starve this summer. It's a little late for me to be starting a new job, but I'm still hopeful. A bit of work will get me out of the apartment, which will be good for me, and any amount of money will be helpful.

I have spent my day today updating my resume and writing cover letters for neat career-type jobs for the fall. I don't want to talk about the jobs yet, but trust me, you will be hearing a lot about them if somehow I actually get hired. Cover letters and resumes are actually kind of tedious, but it's all talking about me, so that's still pretty fun. Who doesn't like to spend the afternoon describing their accomplishments and skills? It's not something that you get to do in regular conversation, at least not all at once. Hee hee... I'm imagining if you had to apply to be someone's friend. "You should befriend me because I am intelligent and entertaining. I will provide hours of stimulating conversation on a variety of subjects. As you can see on my resume, I have friends of both genders and from all different disciplines. I am a very versatile friend who is not adverse to quiet evenings watching movies, though I am also a great dance partner..." That's so neat! I may have to start asking for the qualifications of all new friends I make.

Other happy things: My parents have given me money, so it looks like I just might not get evicted this summer. I like not being evicted. Also, my balcony seems to have become a popular chickadee hangout. They entertain me. I've decided that birds are extraordinarily cute when they hop around on the ground (or in this case, floor of my balcony).

Last night I watched The Triplets of Belleville. It was OK. I was expecting better, but I still enjoyed it. Tonight I have Donnie Darko to watch. I think that's all I have for now. A good song just came on the radio (Fat Bottom Girls by Queen) so I may need to go and use my hula hoop while the good beats last.

5 Comments:

At July 14, 2005 7:07 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

Josh:
I meant to comment earlier, but I wasn't in a commenting mood. I think I remember that Seinfeld episode. I hope I never stop accepting applications for friendship. I still haven't seen Donnie Darko. Things keep coming up. Also, I stopped by your blog and I liked it. I will stop by again and post my likingness on your blog because you are probably much more likely to see it there.

 
At July 15, 2005 5:02 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Makes me think of something I read in the paper the other day about "Speed Friending". I looked for an online explanation, but this was the best I could find:

http://upcoming.org/event/22853/

And I utterly agree with the Seinfeld quote--it's really challenging to make new friends (outside of a work environment) when you're out of school.

 
At July 15, 2005 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...and I find it kinda funny... I find it kinda sad... the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had..."

 
At July 15, 2005 11:55 PM, Blogger Lizzie said...

I randomly came across your blog by hitting the "next" button and I just wanted to say "Good luck with your interview!"

 
At July 17, 2005 5:18 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Dan (since I assume that it was you posting as Anonymous) - that song is why I've been wanting to see Donnie Darko for the past couple of years. After reading your comment, I had to go and listen to it. I still haven't seen D.D., but soon.

Liss: I read that article about speedfriending. It's an interesting idea, but not something I think I'd really like to do. I don't usually make a good first impression.

Biotress: Thank you for your kind words!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home