Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Last night in Ontario

Well, here I am. It's my last night in Ontario for probably at least 4 months. I finally got my butt in gear the last couple of days and started visiting people, although I still wasn't able to see everyone I wanted to. Yesterday I visited the DriverChicks at DriverCheck where I used to work. Business is booming there, and I had about 3 job offers to come back and make some money, all of which I refused. After I spent a good hour and a half there chatting with people, I felt a little bit better. I had been sad yesterday morning at the prospect of going back to my solitary life in Nova Scotia. I tried to ease my heartache by going shopping and spending my La Senza gift certificate, but this act only served to frustrate me even more as there were no (that's right, NONE) bras in my size in the store. I finally settled for a bra that's almost my size that fits OK, but come on! La Senza is a BRA STORE! They should have BRAS in all sizes! Anyway, I started feeling better after chatting with the DriverChicks because I told them all about my apartment and I got excited then about going back to it. I still don't really want to go back, but I'm starting to look forward to it a bit more.

After hitting DriverCheck I went to see my sister and family. They have a brand new computer, which is really exciting. They were in the midst of setting it up when I got there. I attached the speakers. Anyway, leaving there made me sad because it will be four months until I see Anie again, and since she's only 3 1/2, I know that she will change so much in that time and I'm going to miss it. I'm not going to think about that, though. I'm going to focus on how much we have when we're together, making forts and wrestling and playing Dora the Explorer dominoes.

After my sister's, I stopped in at my Grandma Taves' house. She was just recently released from the hospital and is settling in nicely. I had a nice chat with her, and caught up on the family news. I found out that my cousin Tricia is engaged, a fact that my father forgot to tell us. That's exciting. That means a wedding in June, and then my friend Diana is getting married in July of this year. Wedding fever has hit. I suppose that this is a normal disease for people of my age, but I'm still getting used to it.

Today I had lunch and post-lunch beverages with Gillian, who came back last month from being in Australia. We had a very pleasant time (or at least I did, I shouldn't speak for Gillian) eating yummy Asian stir-fry at the Vegetarian Fast Food place on Philip St, and then playing (somewhat improvised) board games at the Sweet Dreams Café. We played the Game of Life, but there were no instructions and neither of us had played it for ten years or something, so we made up rules. We both led exciting lives. We each swam the English Channel once, and the second time through I became a superstar for my career, while Gillian had 3 kids and found a cure for the common cold. Gillian also, during our first game, won a Pulitzer prize, wrote the great American novel, and had a bestseller. I composed a symphony and won a prize for humanitarianism, as well as designing a better mousetrap. Ah, Life, what a fun game you are! I love board games. The second game we played was called Super Quiz and came with 6 boxes of trivia cards in 6 different categories. There was no board or anything, so we set up an elaborate spinner system using pens. I think Gillian won that game, but not by much. It was much harder than we had anticipated.

Now, I'm back at Andrew's house. I'm not sure how we're going to spend our last night together, but I'm leaning towards antijitoes at the Jane Bond, followed by activities yet to be determined. I'm really hungry, so I hope we have supper soon.

P.S. Does anyone want a G-mail account? I can invite 4 people. Any takers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home