Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Two weekends of fun

I have been meaning to post for a while. I have had 2 consecutive good weekends. Last weekend, Brad's girlfriend broke up with him and moved out of the apartment, which is bad because he is really upset. On the other hand, it gave us an excuse to take Brad out for drinking and karaoke. Zenon even convinced me to get up there and do a duet with him. We did "I Got You Babe" by Sonny and Cher. We actually did it twice, because the first time my mike wasn't on. I actually hadn't minded that, but the people running the karaoke insisted that we have another turn. All in all, it was OK. Zenon told me that my performance was neutral - no one would say that I have an awesome voice, but I wasn't the worst one that night, either. That was about as much as I was hoping for. I have no illusions about me becoming a rock star (anymore). I know that I take after my Dad's side of the family when it comes to singing.

Anyway, another part of the night was trying to get Brad to hit on women at the bar, a task that is easier said than done. He did send a drink to a lady, but didn't follow up. To help things along, Zenon introduced one of his karaoke songs with, "I would just like to draw the attention of all the single ladies out there to my friend Brad [pointing]. He is single, successful, and most importantly, disease-free." Brad and I killed ourselves laughing.

This weekend started like any other. Zenon and I went out yesterday to run errands and whatnot. We have decided to dismantle our dining room table and make that area into a computer nook, so we were looking for a computer desk. We have been waging a war on clutter for the past week or so, and our next target is the dining room. Anyway, as we were shopping Zenon reminded me that I have been wanting to get my hair cut for a while, so I called and made an appointment. As I was on my way out, Zenon told me to do something new with my hair. When I asked him what, he said, "I don't know, maybe add some blonde or red or something." On a whim, I did a bit of both. Here is what it looks like:
My hair is actually a bit darker and more red than it looks here.
I have another picture that shows off the blonde highlights a bit more, but for some reason it isn't uploading. I like this picture of me, anyway. I really like the reddish colour that I have right now. I think that I might keep it for a while as it really warms up my skin tone. It is also just plain more fun.

Has anyone read the article about Fort McMurray in last month's Chatelaine magazine? I finally got around to reading it. It caused quite a stir up here, I can tell you. I have to say, though, I thought that most of what it said was true. This city really does look like a bachelor pad. And, I have to say, I am quite happy to not be single in this city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home