Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Monday, July 24, 2006

In Ontario now

Hello. Here I am, in Ontario! It has been a busy few days. I left Fort M on Saturday. My plane was delayed, so instead of flying into Ontario at 6:40pm, I didn't arrive until close to 9:30pm. I didn't mind the delay too much while still in the Fort, though, as I found out before Zenon drove away, so we were able to go home until it was time to leave again. When I got to Toronto, I had another delay, though, as they lost one of my bags. It was about 10:30 by the time we left the airport. I felt bad for my Mom, sister and Anie who had all come to pick me up. It was a late night for them. It was great to be reunited with them all, though.

I realized when I got home that the bag that was lost was the one that contained all my toiletry items. Luckily, I had quite a supply still at my parents' house, so I was able to make do until I could go shopping the next day.

Yesterday was a bit of a blur for me. Tammy and Anie were still here in the morning, so we had a delicious family breakfast of fruit salad and muffins. Later in the day, we went to visit both of my Grandmas (one at a time). We went shopping briefly at Zellers to pick up a few things, and then out for dinner (to Swiss Chalet! I have been missing this place). After dropping my Grandma O. off back at the home, my Mom and I watched the movie The Family Stone which I would not recommend to a friend. This movie had some really interesting ideas and so much potential, but it just got ridiculous by the end.

Today was a bit more relaxed, and I had the chance to catch my breath a bit. I spent the morning reading a book (I am reunited with my book collection! How lovely! I have so many things that I want to read during my vacation) and doing some suntanning on the deck. This afternoon my Mom and I went shopping for Anie's birthday present and some clothes. I bought some nice sweaters on sale for $15 each, as well as some T-shirts and things to get me through the rest of the summer.

My time here is filling up quickly. Tomorrow I am going to Michael's (the craft store) in the afternoon to drool over yarn and knitting equipment, and then tomorrow evening is Anie's birthday party. Wednesday is my Dad's surgery, and Thursday Mom and I are thinking about getting rush seats for a show in Stratford if we can. We also want to do more shopping and go to some movies before she goes back to work.

What I can't get over about here is how quiet it is! I haven't heard a siren since I left Fort McMurray, and I have trouble sleeping at night because it is so quiet, even with the windows open. There are no traffic sounds, no drunks walking home, no obnoxious motorcycles at 1am... It's so refreshing. I think that once I relax, it will be quite good for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home