Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Cruel cruel fate

My parents sent me the comics from the Toronto Star, and this ad was at the bottom:

The Booklover's Ball

Join Honorary Chair Mayor David Miller, Margaret Atwood and over 25 Celebrity Authors for a magical evening inspired by the written word.

Thursday, February 16, 2006
The Liberty Grand
Exhibition Place, Toronto, Ontario

Event Highlights:
- A Celebrity Author seated at each table
- Cocktail Reception and Silent/Live Auction
- Gala dinner menu prepared by Celebrity Chef Authors
- Novel-inspired fashion show

Come dressed as your favourite book title or character!

Sponorship, Table and Ticket information is available on the website at www.bookloversball.ca or by calling (etc).

This is the sort of event that I've been dreaming of my whole life. Here's the kicker - I can't go! There's no way I can be in Toronto on February 16. I am stuck here in the Great White North, having to love books alone with no ball to go to. I am like a colder version of Cinderella. Darn you evil stepmother (who in this case is the fate that led me here to Alberta)!! Darn you to heck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home