Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Next Installment

Today's installment of pictures comes from Canada Day. But first, a word about our motel in St. Ann's. To get there, we had to drive up and down mountains on scary curvy roads. I wasn't driving, so I tried to sleep through most of it. When it wasn't scary, though, the drive was awesome. We were up at cloud level, where it was all foggy, with cliffs to our right and a steep drop to the water on our left. It felt like something out of a book - very otherworldly for someone from southern Ontario. We didn't mean to make such an interesting drive to get there - we just ended up in the middle of nowhere in the evening and had to push on until we found somewhere to stay. We didn't take any pictures of that part of the journey, but I wish we had.

The next two pictures are from a random lookoff on our way to Louisbourg in the morning, and then the last 2 are from the fortress. I've already written about my thoughts on the Fortress below.

I don't have much else to say. My Mom left this morning and is hopefully in her motel room in New Brunswick by now. I have had not a great day today. I think that I got too much sun yesterday and just felt kind of icky today. I'm feeling a bit better now, except that I spilled some tea on my laptop. So far, it still seems to work, knock on wood, although when typing random things happen. For example, the period key sometimes mutes my volume, and the apostrophe key also types g. I figure that I can harness this multi-functionality for my own uses.

Until tomorrow's photo installment then. Ta!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home