Chronicles of Acadia

A blog that never gets updated... Oooh, exciting!

Monday, May 01, 2006

May Day in the Fort

There is a winter storm warning in effect for today, the first day of May. The temperature has been in the 20's most days for the past couple of weeks, but tonight they are calling for snow. Man this placed is messed up.

Speaking of messed up, on Friday we were evacuated from work. In fact, the whole town where I work was evacuated because of a potentially hazardous leak from the oil company next door. The company sent buses into the town to take everyone out. On the way home, we passed by an ambulance with its sirens going, heading into the town we had just left. It was scary. I found out afterwards that it the leak contained trace amounts of ammonia. 3 children were taken to hospital with stomach pains, but everyone else seemed to be OK. Remind me again why we're living here?

In happier news, I have finished 2 knitting projects in the past week or so. Once I can post pictures, I will show them to you. One is a purse and the other that I finished last night is a shawl. This knitting thing is very cool.

I am at work, and need to technically start doing stuff in about 5 minutes, so I'd best sign off now before my boss gets here. As much as my job doesn't do it for me, I'd still like to have one tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home